Monday 4 July 2011

Le Bon Vivant

I think this blog is about saying all the good things that I find in life. It started out just as films, but why not extend that to everything else.
Le Bon Vivant, the good life.
What's good? Lots of stuff. Today has been exceptionally good.
Musique?
The Young Giants. Check em out. They're from California, they played with Minus the Bear and they're acoustic songs will melt your soul. They have good summer tunes to listen late at night when you're coming back home from a disappointing social gathering. They're irritably catchy. They're guitar makes you want to live in a cabin for the rest of your life. It's alternative rock and jazzy with vocals that make you think you're driving to the beach in June with the windows down.

They remind me of Telekinesis (but way better/not as whinny), Beach Fossils, Local Natives or Freelance Whales. So if you dig those guys, hit up The Young Giants.


 An excellent song/video by them.
Apartment by Young the Giant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPUcP3k3CMY


                                                                                                      




Also. Food. Food is also delicious. Brio, Italian coke basically with caramel aftertaste. Sushi? Thank you sweet Japanese ladies. I wish I knew your names, but it was absolutely delicious.





Finally, clothes! Everyone digs clothes. Today I found some excellent vintage stuff.




















 Bags 4 bucks each at Bibles for Missions. The 80s tops are from Bibles for Missions for 8 bucks and the pants are Espirit from my Mumma's closet that I quickly stole. Excellent stuff. Who knew I'd like 80s stuff, hopefully I'm not reviewing 80s films in the future...John Hughes? Ewwww


No comments:

Post a Comment